2012年1月5日星期四

I was in the righthand turning lane in Elizabeth St

The pictures illustrate a casual female driver [the average] and a concentrating older driver watching the road ahead [also the average]. Agreeing that speed kills I know that the youngsters are more likely to speed and kill, they kill the slower older drivers, is this not part of the statistics ? The doctors are the ones who assess every old driver ability to drive on the medical form required from the age of 80, this should be all that is required and not a driving test. Older drivers drive mainly to the shopping centres, most youngsters treat driving as a game. William Lister Johnson An unbelievable sighting!! Dear Sir, Let me say that I enjoyed..wrong wordnobody could enjoy reading the truth about Sydney motorists,..I read with disappointment, the behaviour of my fellow man. In recent years I witnessed an amazingly daring and outrageous event which occurred in the middle of the day in the very heart of our city. I was in the righthand turning lane in Elizabeth St. waiting for the lights to change to make the turn into Park St. I had just joined the end of the queue from Bathurst. As I sat waiting patiently, a young lout drove past our lane on the wrong side of the road and parked himself at the head of our turning lane!! Incidentally, I passed the same smart idiot halfway along the next block and he was laughing his head off!! Amazing as it may be, there was no tooting of horns, when this took place. Either the motorists at the head of the queue were too stunned with disbelief, or they were sensible people who realised that such an act would not improve the situation. I should like to add that I used to tremble with fear at the thought of being a passenger in the car with my daughter when driving her twins to Kincopple from Double Bay. I thank the powers that be that they were never involved in an accident. Tail gating is quite terrifying if you Rosetta Stone Hindi happen to be driving to places like York, WA. I was travelling well over the speed limit when a semi came up behind me. There was nowhere for me to pull over, slowing down to pull to the side would have been rought with danger, so my alternative was to put my foot down and loose him completely. I had French tourists with me at the time.. As a very young driver, I was not without perfection. I confess to having knocked down a fruit barrow in the city. The policeman came to my aid and told me that the barrow should not have been parked there and to just drive off. I have always found our constabulary to be most obliging. Driving my old aunt home late one evening without tail lights, I was stopped by a friendly copper. Naturally, I asked with a dumb blond look, Oh dear Sergeant, (he was a constable) what have I done wrong? After an explanation, I innocently asked what I should do, and was told to continue driving carefully and if stopped again, to act in the same manner with the next member of the force and all would be well. Sincerely, Helen Mayd well My pet hates on the road 1. The majority of drivers using the outer lane on city streets thereby preventing drivers coming the other way from overtaking slow moving or stationary traffic. 2. The obsession again of a majority of drivers with using only the middle and outer lanes of three lane motorways.

0 评论:

发表评论

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More