2011年10月10日星期一

And Flea and I were talking about that the other day

After all this time, you still havent done your own solo project. I think its just because...I am Rosetta Stone so fucking beat at the end of...the amount of communication it takes to be on the road and the amount of physical...I dont know who said it...someone said like, "I play the shows for free; they pay me to travel." And Flea and I were talking about that the other day. We started laughing about it hysterically, because we were just in that mode, you know. Ive recorded a bunch of stuff just for myself, and Ive done a number of benefits for kids by myself because its easier for me to get there than the whole group and kind of make a bit of a difference. Also, Ive had some real genuine offers to collaborate with a few people here and there in our off time. Thats kept me pretty busy. And I think too, during that time when youre not functioning as one of the limbs of the group and having to be in motion with each other at all Cheap Rosetta Stone V3 times, that off time, thats when you kind of get away from everything and refill everything that youve emptied out and kind of get your soul back. You remind yourself whats its like to be a regular human being and not be part of the band. Any one of our guys will tell you that. Were proud to be in it and were proud to come together. But youre talking about five extremely different individuals who dont define themselves by being in this group. Its what it will say in the paper when we die, but its not how we define ourselves. During your period of unhappiness with fame and everything that was happening with the band, are there things that you did that you regret? Yeah, Im sure there were, but Im not going to think about them now because it just doesnt matter. Its hard for us to watch early performances, even though thats when Rosetta Stone Arabic people think we were on fire and young. Playing music for as long as I had been playing music and then getting a shot at making a record and at having an audience and stuff, its just like an untamed force... a different kind of energy. And I find it kind of hard to watch those early performances because its so just fucking, semi-testosterone-fueled or whatever. But it didnt come from jock mentality. It came from just being let out of the gates. And Jeff and Stone, their horse was just about to be put down when it was put in the race. And I was coming from the same place. So when they finally let us out of the gates, we didnt have a smooth, galvanized, streamlined gate. We were just rocking all over the place. I saw a clip on the Jools Holland show where they made you watch an old performance and you looked like you Cheap Rosetta Stone V3 were going to die.

0 评论:

发表评论

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More