2011年10月5日星期三

But it shouldnt be listened to on any sort of medication

How did you discover them?My family and I go up to Rhode Island for a week in the Rosetta Stone Outlet summer and the Providence bar band community is really robust. If you ask them about their favorite groups, they pick Deer Tick. Their new album is really good. They have a nice song on there called "Houston, TX." Their lead singer John McCauley credits the rasp in his voice to two packs [of cigarettes] a day. But, you know, whatever gets you through the night. Hes really good and his lyrics are really personal. If you listen to the lyrics on "Dirty Dishes" too closely, youll never leave your apartment. Its pretty obvious that its about a breakup and a relationship gone bad. But it shouldnt be listened to on any sort of medication. And I love their sound — theres a little Dylan, a little Knopfler, a little Petty. Any other recent discoveries?Camera Obscura. Been around a long time. I love the new stuff. Its a jaunty California Rosetta Stone V3 sound by way of Europe. I last listened to it on Saturday afternoon as I was getting ready for the Correspondents Dinner in Washington. I had it on my iPod. Its great to have on in the background. Ditto the Veils. I know theyre always on the brink, but I think the song "The House She Lived In" is a little gem. When you go to a party, who controls what musics playing?I do the playlists at parties. Absolutely. Absolutely! And if I get invited somewhere, and if theyre good friends of ours, I bring the iPod. I pretty much insist on doing music for the event. Im very much into playlists. My brother used to put tapes together for restaurants and he has one of the greatest LP collections Ive ever seen. He was a Vietnam-era hippie. And he got me hooked onto music when I was young. When you prepare your newscast, what do you Rosetta Stone Korean listen to?Something quick that gets your energy up. The other night, I was listening to Jay-Zs "My First Song." That was the last song I listened to before going on air. I was tempted to go on and say "Chboy!" but I didnt. It was close. Its not R2-D2 going across thestage — thats what its not going to be." Tickets will range from $35 to $75, with more show dates throughout Europeand America to be announced. If you were to come to my concert in a couple of years, I want to have me on a piano with a band around me. On Idol, I learned what Im best at. I would love to make a soulful-rock type album the Fray, Gavin DeGraw, maybe some Alicia Keys thats what I want to go for. I want to sit down and write with some people.Who would you want to work with? Kara DioGuardi would be cool. Id love to write Cheap Rosetta Stone V3 with Colbie Caillat or Gavin DeGraw or Ben Folds.

0 评论:

发表评论

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More